Terms & Conditions
1. Our agreement with you
www.thewhiteeidt.com is owned and operated by The White Edit Ltd, (Company Number: 11197093), trading as The White Edit (“we/us/our”). These Terms and Conditions, together with any and all other documents referred to herein, set out the terms of our agreement with you under which you may use www.thewhiteedit.com (“our website”) and subscribe to our services.
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully and ensure that you understand them. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You should also read the following:
These policies are incorporated by reference into these Terms and Conditions.
We may alter these Terms and Conditions, and any associated policies or documents, at any time and any changes will become binding on you upon your first use of our website after the changes have been implemented. You are therefore advised to check these pages each time you visit thewhiteedit.com. We may also elect to notify you of any changes to our Terms and Conditions by additional means, such as pop-ups or other notifications on our website or by email. In the event of any conflict between the current version of our Terms and Conditions, our policies or other documents and any previous version(s), the provisions current and in effect shall prevail unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
If you are a natural person, then these Terms and Conditions constitute a legally binding agreement between you and us.
If you are using our website in your capacity as a representative of a body corporate (e.g. a company), then by using our website you warrant that you have authority to accept these Terms and Conditions on behalf of that body corporate, and these Terms and Conditions specify the terms of a legally binding agreement between that body corporate and us. Accordingly, in these circumstances,“you and your” in these Terms and Conditions mean that body corporate.
You can access our website and become a member free of charge. You can register as a member in one of the “Sign up” sections of our website by providing us with your first name, last name, email address and a password (a “Member”). Certain parts of our website can only be accessed by Members. When you register as a Member you create an account that allows you to access additional parts of our website depending on the products or services you subscribe to (an “Account”).
The information you provide when you create an Account must be accurate and complete. If any of your information changes at a later date, it is your responsibility to ensure that your Account is kept up-to-date either via our website or by emailing us at: email@example.com.
We recommend that you choose a strong password for your Account, consisting of a combination of lowercase and uppercase letters, numbers, and symbols. It is your responsibility to keep your password safe. If you believe your Account is being used without your permission, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not be liable for any unauthorised use of your Account.
4. Changes to our website and subscriptions
- You acknowledge that parts of our website can be accessed free of charge either with or without an Account. This content is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. We may alter, suspend or discontinue this content (or any part of it) at any time and without notice. We will not be liable to you in any way if this content (or any part of it) is unavailable at any time and for any period.
- We reserve the right to change our Subscription types, pricing and/or content in any manner and at any time as we may determine in our sole discretion. Any changes or other changes to your subscription will take effect following notice to you.
5. Promotions and discounts
We may from time to time, in our absolute discretion, offer promotion codes or offers to new, prospective and/or existing Members. Any promotion code or offer provided by us may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion code or offer. Introductory offers are only available to new users, except where expressly stated otherwise. If a promotion code or offer has been provided to you by your employer, group or organisation, supplemental terms and conditions may apply to your promotional code or discount as agreed between us and your employer, group or organisation.
6. Cancellation by us
We may suspend or terminate your Free Subscription at any time, if you fail to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions, including a breach of our intellectual property rights. This includes the right to disable or close your Account. In these circumstances you will cease to be a Member with immediate effect.
7. Intellectual Property Rights
All content included on our website and the copyright and other intellectual property rights subsisting in that content, unless specifically labelled otherwise, belongs to or has been licensed by us. All content is protected by applicable United Kingdom and international intellectual property laws and treaties. All such rights are reserved.
The White Edit is a registered trademark of The White Edit Ltd. You are not permitted to use this trademark without our approval, unless it is part of material you are using as permitted below.
Subject to the exceptions set out below, you may not reproduce, copy, distribute, sell, rent, sub-licence, store, or in any other manner re-use content from our website unless you have been given express written permission to do so by us.
- Access, view and use our website in a web browser (including any web browsing capability built into other types of software or app);
- Download our website (or any part of it) for caching;
- Print one copy of any page(s) from our website;
- Download extracts from pages on our website; and
- Save pages from our website for later and/or offline viewing
provided that you must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, videos or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits or excludes the fair dealing provisions of Chapter III of the Copyrights, Designs and Patents Act 1988 ‘Acts Permitted in Relation to Copyright Works’, covering in particular the making of temporary copies; research and private study; the making of copies for text and data analysis for non-commercial research; criticism, review, quotation and news reporting; caricature, parody or pastiche; and the incidental inclusion of copyright material.
Our status as the owner and author of the content on our website (or that of identified licensors, as appropriate) must always be acknowledged.
You may not use any content saved or downloaded from our website for commercial purposes without first obtaining a licence from us (or our licensors, as appropriate) to do so. This does not prohibit the normal access, viewing and use of our website for general information purposes whether by business users or consumers.
If you print off, copy or download any part of our site in breach of these Terms and Conditions, your right to use our website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy and copies of the materials you have made.
8. Linking to our website
You may link to homepage of our website provided that:
- you do so in a fair and legal manner;
- you do not do so in a manner that suggests any form of association, endorsement or approval on our part where none exists;
- you do not use any logos or trade marks displayed on our website without our express written permission; and
- you do not do so in a way that is calculated to damage our reputation or to take unfair advantage of it.
Deep-linking to other pages, or framing or embedding of our website on other websites requires our express written permission.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our website other than that set out above, please contact: email@example.com
You may not link to our website from any other site the main content of which contains material that:
- is sexually explicit;
- is obscene, deliberately offensive, hateful or otherwise inflammatory;
- promotes violence;
- promotes or assists in any form of unlawful activity;
- discriminates against, or is in any way defamatory of, any person, group or class of persons, race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
- is intended or is otherwise likely to threaten, harass, annoy, alarm, inconvenience, upset, or embarrass another person;
- is calculated or is otherwise likely to deceive another person;
- is intended or is otherwise likely to infringe (or to threaten to infringe) another person’s privacy;
- misleadingly impersonates any person or otherwise misrepresents the identity or affiliation of a particular person in a way that is calculated to deceive (obvious parodies are not included in this definition provided that they do not fall within any of the other provisions of this paragraph);
- implies any form of affiliation with us where none exists;
- infringes, or assists in the infringement of, the intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to, copyright, trade marks and database rights) of any other party; or
- is made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party including, but not limited to, contractual duties and duties of confidence.
The content restrictions above do not apply to content submitted to sites by other users provided that the primary purpose of the site accords with the provisions set out above. You are not, for example, prohibited from posting links on general-purpose social networking sites merely because another user may post such content. You are, however, prohibited from posting links on websites which focus on or encourage the submission of such content from users.
9. Links to Third Party Websites
We may include on our website links to other websites. These websites are not under our control and we neither assume nor accept responsibility or liability for the content of third party sites. The inclusion of a link to another site on our website is for information only and does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them. Furthermore, you should carefully check the terms and conditions and policies of each website you visit.
10. General Disclaimers
- Nothing on our website constitutes advice on which you should rely. It is provided for general information purposes only and does not take into account your personal circumstances. You should not rely on information provided in this website in lieu of seeking appropriate professional advice and you should consider seeking appropriate advice tailored to your specific circumstances.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, we make no representation, warranty, or guarantee that our website will meet your requirements, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all software and hardware, or that it will be secure. You must take your own precautions to ensure that in using our website you protect yourself from viruses or anything else that may interfere with or damage the operations of your computer systems.
- Whilst we make reasonable efforts to maintain the content on our website, we do not make any representations, warranties or guarantees (whether express or implied) that the content is complete, accurate, or up-to-date. All content, including prices, may be changed without notice.
- Where information and/or materials have been uploaded by users of the site, this information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our website do not represent our views or values. If you wish to complain about content uploaded by other users please contact us by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Limitation of Liability
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, we accept no liability to any user or Member for any loss or damage, whether foreseeable or otherwise, in contract, tort (including negligence), for breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with the use of (or inability to use) our website or the use of or reliance upon any content included on our website.
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, we exclude all representations, warranties, and guarantees (whether express or implied) that may apply to our website or any content included on our website.
- If you are a business user, we accept no liability for loss of profits, sales, business or revenue; loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; loss of anticipated savings; business interruption; or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- We exercise all reasonable skill and care to ensure that our website is free from viruses and other malware, however, we accept no liability for any loss or damage resulting from a virus or other malware, a distributed denial of service attack, or other harmful material or event that may adversely affect your hardware, software, data or other material that occurs as a result of your use of our website (including the downloading of any content from it) or any other site referred to on our website.
- We neither assume nor accept responsibility or liability arising out of any disruption or non-availability of our website resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, natural events, acts of war, or legal restrictions and censorship.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or restricts our liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, for death or personal injury resulting from negligence, or for any other forms of liability which cannot be excluded or restricted by law. For full details of consumers’ legal rights, including those relating to digital content, please contact your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
12. Viruses, Malware and Security
- We exercise all reasonable skill and care to ensure that our website is secure and free from viruses and other malware, however we do not guarantee that our website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- You are responsible for protecting your hardware, software, data and other material from viruses, malware, and other internet security risks.
- You must not deliberately introduce viruses or other malware, or any other material which is malicious or technologically harmful either to or via our website.
- You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any part of our website, the server on which our website is stored, or any other server, computer, or database connected to our website.
- You must not attack our website by means of a denial of service attack, a distributed denial of service attack, or by any other means.
- By breaching the provisions of sub-sections 16.3 to 16.5 you may be committing a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. Any and all such breaches will be reported to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate fully with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. Your right to use our website will cease immediately in the event of such a breach.
13. Communications from Us
By agreeing to become a Member, we may from time to time send you important notices by email. Such notices may relate to matters including, but not limited to, service changes, changes to these Terms and Conditions and changes to your Account.
We will never send you marketing emails of any kind without your consent. By agreeing to become a Member you opt-in to receiving occasional marketing, survey and other membership based emails from us. You can opt out at any time and any and all marketing emails sent by us include an unsubscribe link. If you opt out of receiving emails from us at any time, it may take up to 5 business days for us to comply with your request. During that time, you may continue to receive emails from us.
For questions or complaints about communications from us (including, but not limited to marketing emails), please contact us at: email@example.com or via the Contact page of our website.
We always welcome feedback from our customers and, whilst we always use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that your experience as a customer is a positive one, we nevertheless want to hear from you if you have any cause for complaint. To share your positive experiences or if you wish to complain about any aspect of your experience with us, please contact us at:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
15. Data Protection
All personal information that we may use will be collected, processed, and held in accordance with the provisions of EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and your rights under the GDPR.
For complete details of our collection, processing, storage, and retention of personal data including, but not limited to, the purpose(s) for which personal data is used, the legal basis or bases for using it, details of your rights and how to exercise them, and personal data sharing (where applicable), please refer to our:
16. Events outside of our control (Force Majeure)
We will not be liable for any failure or delay in performing our obligations where that failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond our reasonable control. Such causes include, but are not limited to: power failure, internet service provider failure, industrial action by third parties, civil unrest, fire, explosion, flood, storms, earthquakes, subsidence, acts of terrorism, acts of war, governmental action, epidemic or other natural disaster, or any other event that is beyond our reasonable control.
If any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by any court or other authority, that/those provision(s) shall be deemed severed from the remainder of these Terms and Conditions. The remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall be valid and enforceable.
18. No waiver
No failure or delay by us in exercising any of our rights under these Terms and Conditions means that we have waived that right, and no waiver by us of a breach of any provision of these Terms and Conditions means that we will waive any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
- We may transfer (assign) our obligations and rights under these Terms and Conditions to a third party (this may happen, for example, if we sell our business). If this occurs, you will be informed by us in writing. Your rights under these Terms and Conditions will not be affected and our obligations under these Terms and Conditions will be transferred to the third party who will remain bound by them.
- You may not transfer (assign) your obligations and rights under these Terms and Conditions without our express written permission.
20. Rights of third parties
The agreement formed by these Terms and Conditions is between you and us. It is not intended to benefit any other person or third party in any way and no such person or party will be entitled to enforce any provision of these Terms and Conditions.
21. Law and jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the law of England & Wales.
If you are a consumer, you will benefit from any mandatory provisions of the law in your country of residence. Nothing in this section takes away or reduces your rights as a consumer to rely on those provisions.
If you are a consumer, any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim between you and us relating to these Terms and Conditions, or the relationship between you and us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England, Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland, as determined by your residency.
The courts of England and Wales have exclusive jurisdictions except that if you are a resident of NI you may also bring proceedings in NI, and if you are a resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
If you are a business, any disputes concerning these Terms and Conditions or any matters arising therefrom or associated therewith (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales.